Monday 1 October 2012

Blitzing vintage

It's the weekend before pay day, It's freezing, I spent the week in towering work heels and last year I threw away my best winter flat boots (they had finally had it). So what to do? Heading down to Brick Lane to play dress-up and eat bagels seemed wise.



This wasn't a deliberate solution at all, but I was so excited at my serendiptous encounter with Blitz - London's biggest vintage warehouse, complete with its own coffee shop and all that I feel obliged to tell you all about it.

Blitz is the sister warehouse to the Brick Lane 'Vintage Store' - as in the one actually called that. It's further down Bricklane towards curryville and off on a little side street to the left. It's heaven in there.

Vintage burberry macs at £95, Vintage and newish Barbours for between £100-£200, Chanellesque quilted leather handbags at £18, 50s diva sunnies for £30, varsity felt jackets... you name it, they've got it.





They also had everything I was looking for for Winter at vast expense on Net-a-porter. I'd managed to persuade myself that when I finally got paid, it would be time to invest in the black leather riding boots that I've lusted after for ages and some high waisted smart leather shorts. I chanced upon both at Blitz, whilst cooing over brown leather loafers and arctic fox stoles.

The boots:

Reduced from £55 to £15 (this is admittedly because they had been sized wrong at 3, whereas they were actually a 5 so they had sat pretty waiting for me to notice the mistake and steadily reducing in price all the while).




The shorts:


£25 and in all shapes colours and sizes. This was the first pair I saw and I immediately fell in love. They fit like a (leather) glove and will go with everything this season. I could not be any more pleased.

Next time you're in Brick Lane, vintage shopping forget the over-priced Vintage stores and head straight here. I won't be wasting my time rifling through dusty rails anywhere else in the vicinity.

Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style Vintage flo and elle blitz shoreditch spitalfields market style