Tuesday 11 June 2013

Topshop Free Personal Stylist


I have just come back from a free personal shopper appointment with a spring in my step and a new summer wardrobe. I usually avoid Topshop because it is crowded and overwhelming - I like to preview EVERYTHING in a shop before trying and buying, and that simply isn't possible there unless you have forever, and lets face it, there are much nicer ways to spend a day. This personal shopping service was a revelation. 



Alexa Chung Style

You send in a form with what sort of thing you are looking for, who your style icons are, how you would describe your own style and so on. I found all that surprisingly hard since I don't really look to celebrities for inspiration or pay much attention to what they wear so I ended up doing some googling and found that I generally like Alexa Chung (though I couldn't pull off a lot of what she wears) and the main cast of Gossip Girl (in Gossip Girl and not off duty, and yes, I know that makes me sound like a teenager!). All this was a pretty good exercise for thinking about what I really wanted out of my appointment.





When I got there, there was a whole load of stuff nicely arranged into outfits on a rail, all in my and my accompanying friend's size. Some of it I would have NEVER picked up myself, a.k.a polo neck crop top which surprisingly became a staple when trying high waisted things on and a must-have by the end of my session (maybe you have to see it not to judge me!).

After we had played around with the stuff in the room, the stylist ran around finding us what we wanted while we enjoyed peppermint tea in a spacious fitting room. It took the stress and the queuing out of the picture which really suits my famine-feast approach to shopping (I will hardly shop for 2 years and then have a massive spree one week), so it was wonderful to be able to have my fashion feast in style.

The great thing about the appointment was that our stylist, Menna, understood and had seen how things hung on real people, so could quite accurately prescribe you flattering things, and bring you new pieces as you went along. She took us both out of our comfort zone and introduced us to pieces we wouldn't have usually tried on but that worked really well. We were also given free reign half way through to pick up our own finds, but this part felt much more purposeful than usual since we had an idea of what we liked but perhaps wanted in another print or colour, and what new potential wardrobe gaps we had to fill.

I came away with 3 entirely new outfits that slotted into my old wardrobe perfectly, revivifying some of my old lonely clothes that had no pieces that went with them anymore. Although a lot of it depends on your stylist and I only sampled one, I would really recommend it as a luxurious feeling, relaxing and low effort way to shop when you need a whole load of stuff but don't have the time or if you just fancy being a bit more experimental.






Sister Jane, laser cut collar blouse, £48
Topshop, Cross stitch print flare skirt, £40



Topshop Skinny polo crop top, £10
One off Topshop Concession Match stick skirt, £45

Book here to enjoy!




topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper

topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopper topshop personal shopper review topshop free stylist, free personal stylist topshop shopperv