Wednesday 11 September 2013

Event preview: Cutty Cargo


Today has been a great day. I'm excited for the Autumn, halfway through a great week and the ad I strategised at big school (my day job in advertising) got Campaign ad of the day when it launched last week - allowing for plenty of excuses for celebration. Sorry; shameless plug I know but I am pretty chuffed.

The extra day brightener this morning is a lovely little invitation for a big night out on Brick Lane this Thursday. I love Brick Lane. I know it's not very 'cool' to love Brick Lane and I, like most Londoners am more likely to frequent The Columbia Road Flower Market of a weekend when roaming the streets looking for brunch and a Bloody Mary to balance my electrolytes. Despite that, I find it still has its old appeal every time. Recently it is where I met Arthur: a parrot and my brother's namesake, and where I got my lovely vintage leather riding boots for £15 because they had been wrongly labelled a size 3. 

Both of those happy accidents were on unplanned wanders down Brick Lane, but tomorrow I will be marching up it with my BFF partner in crime Anna to The Cutty Cargo: An event that brings together some hot London talent from lots of different disciplines and gets them drinking whiskey together in a box. 

The nice people from Cutty Sark Whiskey (the brand behind the event) kindly invited us along. I quite like this kind of event where food, drink, performance, music and design come together. Personally I'm mainly in it for the burgers and the burlesque, though will try to keep my whiskey fuelled wolf whistles to myself.



Also It's Nice That are involved which to me says it's going to be good. Have a look at their site, it's basically dedicated to pointing people towards cool stuff. You can enter to win two tickets to the event just by emailing cuttycargo@thisisinkling.com

We will let you know how it goes. For now, this is how excited we are. 




* Please don't uninvite us cool, creative people. We promise we won't be wearing these hats.
Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best London Blog Best London Blog Lifestyle Cutty Cargo Cutty Sark Whiskey Jessie Ware Meat Liquor Sliders It's Nice That Burlesque Brick Lane Flo and Elle London Blog Best