Monday 3 March 2014

Elle's Building Site

Welcome to my building site. The bare earth is visible through most of the ground floor, one chimney breast has been removed and its bricks already laid into the doorway that I am bricking up. Meanwhile the walls have been stripped bare ready for damp injections, and new wiring dangles from the ceiling in unruly bunches. Everything is raw, exposed and covered in a layer of dust and dirt. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's exciting... 

Me outside my front door
My beautiful kitchen and the view into the equally beautiful bathroom
Me and Piotrek - my superhero builder
The view back into the living room
Bricked up doorway (using old bricks from the chimney breast we removed). This will be a laundry area.
The (working *ahem*) fireplace


Our spare room - made bigger by removing an illogically placed boiler cupboard
At the moment, it's crazy to think that we will soon live here but with the amount of change that I am seeing every single day, it's at the same time unbelievable and believable too.

I'll leave you with a shot of the earth floor taken from the second floor through a hole in the ceiling... Quite amazing to literally be standing in the skeleton of a house. The sun shone all the time we were in there, casting a gorgeous golden halo into the rooms and making me feel optimistic. Spring is on the way - nearly there.
Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building Flo and Elle Renovation renovating a house how to start building what builder should I use in N15 advice building